Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
The business success of Nilsson Shipping depends on our ability to continually improve the quality of our products and services while protecting people and the environment. Emphasis must be placed on ensuring human health, operational safety, environmental protection, quality enhancement and community goodwill. This commitment is in the best interests of our customers, our employees, our supplier and those in the communities in which we work and live.
Nilsson Shipping requires the active commitment to, and support of QHSE from all employees. In addition, line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation of, and ensuring compliance with, QHSE policies and standards. We are committed to:
We are committed to the proactive integration of QHSE objectives into our management system at all levels, actively reinforced by reward programs that recognize outstanding QHSE performance demonstrated by our employees and contractors.
- Protect the health and safety of our people at all times and in all circumstances
- Eliminate QHSE accidents and events
- Provide a framework for the setting of QHSE goals and performance objectives, and the use of an effective management system
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve our QHSE performance through the definition of operational standards, training, assessments and audits
- Be fully prepared to respond to any QHSE emergency
- Minimize our impact on the Environment through pollution prevention and control of emissions, the efficient use of natural resources and the reduction and recycling of waste
- Educate our employees, customers, contractors, and business partners on the safe and environmentally responsible use of our services and products, and how their actions can influence QHSE performance
- Communicate openly with interested parties about our QHSE policy, programs and performance