Organizations and Associations
Below you find selected links to international organizations.
- Canadian Shipowners’ Association The mandate of the Canadian Shipowners Association (CSA) is to promote an economic and competitive Canadian marine transportation industry.
- Danish Shipowners’ Association The Danish Shipowners' Association was established in 1884 and represents Denmark's shipping industry.
- E.S.P.O. (European Sea Ports Organisation) ESPO’s mission is to influence public policy in the EU to achieve.
- ECSA – European Community Shipowners« Associations
- European Shortsea Network (ESN) Shortsea shipping is the intermodal transport of Intra-European cargo on a door-to-door basis, usually in containers or trailers. A large part of the transport traject is done by sea.
- Greenpeace Greenpeace is a non-profit organization, with a presence in 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.
- HELMEPA, Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association Helmepa is the joint initiative of the Greek seafarers and shipowners to declare in 1982 in Piraeus that they voluntarily undertake the responsibility to eliminate ship generated marine pollution and enhance safety at sea.
- ICC International Maritime Bureau (IMB) ICC Commercial Crime Services (CCS) is the anti-crime arm of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- IMO IMO plays a key role in ensuring that lives at sea are not put at risk and that the marine environment is not polluted by shipping.
- Industrial Transport Association SIFA is the trade organization for all Swedish companies in goods transport, logistics and freight forwarding.
- Institute of Marine and other transport rights The Institute of Maritime and other Transport Law was founded in 1965.
- International Association of Classification Societies Dedicated to safe ships and clean seas, IACS makes a unique contribution to maritime safety and regulation through technical support, compliance verification and research and development.
- International Energy Agency The International Energy Agency (IEA) acts as energy policy advisor to 26 Member countries in their effort to ensure reliable, affordable and clean energy for their citizens.
- International Salvage Union The International Salvage Union (ISU) is an association representing the interests of 52 salvors based in 29 countries worldwide.
- Intertanko Membership is open to independent tanker owners and operators of oil and chemical tankers, i.e. non-oil companies and non-state controlled tanker owners, who fulfil the Association's membership criteria.
- Medcruise – The Association of Mediterranean Cruise Ports Medcruise representing 59 ports around the Mediterranean region.
- Norwegian Shipowners’ Association The Norwegian Shipowners’ Association (NSA), established in 1909, is a national organization promoting its members' interests in the fields of trade, industry and related employers' issues.
- Pacific Maritime Association The membership of the PMA consists of American flag operators, foreign flag operators, and stevedore and terminal companies.
- Paris Memorandum of Understanding on Port State Control The Paris MOU aims at eliminating the operation of sub-standard ships through a harmonized system of port State control.
- Sjøfartsdirektoratet – Norwegian Maritime Directorate The Norwegian Maritime Directorate is a government organ sorting under the Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- Swedish ports Ports of Sweden is an industry and employers' organization comprising 50 port companies and over 4,000 employees.
- Swedish Sea Rescue Institution The SSRS provides a 24-hour lifesaving service around SWEDEN.
- Swedish Shipowners’ Association The Swedish Shipowners' Association was established in 1906.
- Swedish Shipowners’ Association for smaller passenger vessels SWEREF SWEREF association for smaller passenger vessels in SWEDEN.
- The Finnish Shipowners’ Association The FSA was established in 1932 and represents Finnish shipping industry.
- Aland Shipowners’ Association’s Alands Shipowners' Association represents the shipping industry on the Aland Islands.